ABOUT COZ INFO
CozInfo.com is a source of fresh and helpful visitor information for Cozumel, Mexico.
Cozumel is a Loyal Favorite for Serious Divers
At its heart, this website is created by and for new & used Cozumel SCUBA divers.
If you love diving, you will have a hard time finding a dive destination that is more satisfying than Cozumel, Mexico.
The huge number of repeat dive customers here can vouch for that.
Cozumel’s diving means warm water, consistently high visibility all year, and a great variety of dive sites and coral formations. The biodiversity and marine life is varied and plentiful. Cozumel also has a reputation for fun, friendly and professional divemasters, SCUBA instructors, dive boat captains and crews, all at an affordable price.
Cozumel is Also for Everyone
Even if you don’t scuba dive, there’s still a ton of fun things to see and do in Cozumel.
After living here for many years I’ve done a lot of Cozumel exploring, and I’ve found a warm and bright tapestry of cool people, humor, hospitality, family life, art, music, dance, cuisine, creativity, entrepreneurship – all with the near-daily backdrop of sunny blue skies and warm breezes.
And if not, get in touch and ask a question!
Thanks for visiting!
I fell for Cozumel’s reefs, people and culture as a frequent vacation scuba diver here for nearly 15 years. After decades working hard in NYC, I decided life was getting shorter, and there was still a lot of youthful adventure in these aging bones.
Several years ago, I sold my nice apartment, quit my good job, and set off on adult gap-year.
And my first stop? Cozumel.
I’m still here…
SCUBA DIVING CREDENTIALS
- PADI divemaster
- NAUI (OWS – Rescue) & YMCA (OWS)
- DAN, DEMA, ETC.
RELATED WRITING & PUBLICATIONS
- Cozumel: Life Underwater – printed 9×12″ full color wall calendar, 2018, 2019, and 2020. (**COVID-19 has put 2021 on ice, but 2022 is already in the works)
- Guest author for posts at Mozaik UW Cameras blog
- Guest blog post for Cozumel Underwater Photography School blog
- Blog post on my favorite underwater macro photo subject for DiveTripGoods
- www.divetripgoods.com – e-commerce site with T-shirts & other merch made from original dive pics
For more info and local info and photos, please follow along on our social media accounts at:
OTHER PERSONAL FAVORITE DIVING DESTINATIONS (SO FAR!)
- Great Barrier Reef / Ribbon Reefs
- Sydney, AUS (awesome nudis! but have to go back for the weedy sea dragon…)
- La Paz, MX
- Jardines de la Reina, Cuba
- Roatan, Honduras
- Isla Guadalupe, MX (one and done. great white sharks are amazing.)
- Costa Rica
- Key Largo, Florida