Cozumel Scuba Diving is a Must!
If you love diving, you will have a hard time finding a dive destination that is more satisfying than Cozumel, Mexico.
The huge number of repeat dive customers here can vouch for that.
Even if you don’t scuba dive, there’s still a ton of fun things to see and do in Cozumel.
After living here for several years now, and running a local tour company for a few of them, I’ve done a lot of poking around and exploring.
I’ve found a lot of delicious food, fun excursions, neat art forms, and creative local businesses. Some have gone, but many are still very much alive and going strong.
Underlying all of it in Cozumel is a warm and bright tapestry of cool people, humor, hospitality, family life, art, music, dance, cuisine, creativity, entrepreneurship – all with the near-daily backdrop of sunny blue skies and warm breezes.
It’s just a great place to visit.
And if not, get in touch using the contact page and ask a question!
Thanks for visiting!
I fell hard for Cozumel’s reefs, people and culture as a frequent vacation scuba diver here for nearly 20 years.
After decades of working hard in NYC, and a few life changes, I decided life was getting shorter, and there were more adventures to be had.
I signed up with my favorite Cozumel dive shop for my divemaster course, and after one thing led to another, I just…kinda…never left.
Now it’s been years of learning the ropes, making friends, investing back into the Cozumel economy and community, and earning my Mexican residency. It still feels like an adventure and I have much more to learn, but Cozumel is definitely my second home.
For more local info and photos, you can also follow along on our social media accounts at:
- PADI divemaster
- NAUI (OWS – Rescue) & YMCA (OWS)
- DAN, DEMA, ETC.
- Well over 2K dives, and counting. The vast majority of those have been here in Cozumel.
OTHER FAVORITE DIVING DESTINATIONS (SO FAR)
- Great Barrier Reef / Ribbon Reefs
- Sydney, AUS (awesome nudis! but have to go back for the weedy sea dragon…)
- La Paz, MX
- Cuba (Jardines de la Reina)
- Roatan, Honduras
- Isla Guadalupe, MX (one and done. great white sharks are amazing.)
- Costa Rica
- Key Largo, Florida
RELATED WRITING & PUBLICATIONS
- Cozumel: Life Underwater – printed 9×12″ full color wall calendar, 2018, 2019, and 2020. (**COVID-19 has put 2021 on ice, and after hemming and hawing, I’m not currently planning on doing any more.)
- Guest author for posts at Mozaik UW Cameras blog
- Guest blog post for Cozumel Underwater Photography School blog
- Blog post on my favorite underwater macro photo subject for DiveTripGoods
- www.divetripgoods.com – e-commerce site with T-shirts & other merch made from original dive pics
BLOGGING TOOLS & RESOURCES – currently under revision**
After years of teaching myself how to make WordPress sites and understand blogging and SEO, etc., I’m far from perfect, but am finally pretty well versed in hosting, themes, ad providers, images, algorithms, and various types of site optimization.
I’ve also had great and not-so-great experiences with different SaaS tools, YouTube gurus, and digital course work.
My favorite valuable tools that I actually use and honestly like enough to recommend publicly are listed here:
|SERVICE||TOOL/RESOURCE||LINK (some are affiliate links – noted with “A*)|
|Web Hosting||Cloudways||Cloudways web hosting is high quality, fast, clean and easy to use. (A*)|
|Blogging Instruction||Income School||Income School’s Project 24 is an encouraging, informative, and no-BS course on blogging strategies and independent online income.|