If you love diving, you will have a hard time finding a dive destination that is more satisfying than Cozumel, Mexico.
The huge number of repeat dive customers here can vouch for that.
Even if you don’t scuba dive, there’s still a ton of fun things to see and do in Cozumel.
After living here for several years now, and running a local tour company for a few of them, I’ve done a lot of poking around and exploring. I’ve found a lot of delicious food, fun excursions, and neat local businesses, some that are gone, and many that are still going strong.
Underlying it all is a warm and bright tapestry of cool people, humor, hospitality, family life, art, music, dance, cuisine, creativity, entrepreneurship – all with the near-daily backdrop of sunny blue skies and warm breezes. It’s just a great place to visit.
And if not, get in touch and ask a question!
Thanks for visiting!
I fell for Cozumel’s reefs, people and culture as a frequent vacation scuba diver here for nearly 20 years. After decades of working hard in NYC, and a few life changes, I decided life was getting shorter, and there were more adventures to be had.
For more local info and photos, you can also follow along on our social media accounts at:
- PADI divemaster
- NAUI (OWS – Rescue) & YMCA (OWS)
- DAN, DEMA, ETC.
OTHER FAVORITE DIVING DESTINATIONS (SO FAR)
- Great Barrier Reef / Ribbon Reefs
- Sydney, AUS (awesome nudis! but have to go back for the weedy sea dragon…)
- La Paz, MX
- Cuba (Jardines de la Reina)
- Roatan, Honduras
- Isla Guadalupe, MX (one and done. great white sharks are amazing.)
- Costa Rica
- Key Largo, Florida
RELATED WRITING & PUBLICATIONS
- Cozumel: Life Underwater – printed 9×12″ full color wall calendar, 2018, 2019, and 2020. (**COVID-19 has put 2021 on ice, and after hemming and hawing, I’m not currently planning on doing any more.)
- Guest author for posts at Mozaik UW Cameras blog
- Guest blog post for Cozumel Underwater Photography School blog
- Blog post on my favorite underwater macro photo subject for DiveTripGoods
- www.divetripgoods.com – e-commerce site with T-shirts & other merch made from original dive pics